Rubbish Bin

Friday, June 09, 2006

Last week was so eventful that it took me this long to update my blog.

So.. Last week. The biggest event was the Padi and Ada Band concert at the JP Amphi. I won the $68 ticket when I went to the Mall the week before with Khai, Adi, Nazri, Karan and Dee to kill the boredom which had been haunting us for a while. So we went to Gadong, got something to eat at Supreme and then we went to the Mall. While we were window shopping, we saw a big crowd near Chong Hock. We went there and there was the Padi and Ada Band ticket promotion going on. The host, Siti, announced that we can win tickets there and I thought, hey, why not give it a shot? Turned out we had to sing a Padi or Ada Band song in order to win it. So I did. Embarassing was that I actually forgot the title of the song Menanti Sebuah Jawaban. Hahah. So I went on the mini-stage and sang in front of the huge crowd. After I was done, the host wanted me to sing one more time coz she claimed that the crowd couldn't hear me sing. I begged her not to but the crowd wasn't exepecting me to step down right away. So, for the ticket's sake, I sang again. CURSES.

The concert was awesome. We went there early to get good seats. Turned out that we came too early as most of the seats were still empty. I bugged Pinkie to come early so that we can get good seats coz I don't think The concert started off with Brunei's artists Juju, Feez and Maria. God, Maria really can sing but if she could soften her deafening high pitch voice, I would definitely fall in love with her. Haha. The band who played for the three were a mix of different bands. I could only recognise Forzart's Keyboardist and Guitarist. The Drummer and Bassist were veterans, by the looks of it. After that Ada Band was up first. Too bad we still weren't familiar with their lyrics or we would have sang along from start to finish. What's really cool was that the singer actually went down the stage and came up to our side so that we could sing with him. Gila. People came rushing down to our side and took pictures. Zizi and Abg had the chance to take pictures of them, good pictures even. A very good performance indeed.

Padi was up next and man, the vocalist is really good. I seriously want to learn to compose a song with a simple guitar solo like theirs and sound as good or better than them. Uhh.. I don't remember when this happened, either before Padi performed or in the middle, while the host Siti was giving out goodie bags, we were allowed to sit at the $88 ticket holders' area. We were only one row away from the seats and like, damn, a human stampede! Padi was superb, with the guitarist sporting two of Zakk Wylde's signature guitars, the Bulls-eye Gibson Les Paul and the Striped Gibson Les Paul. There was a song where the guitarist used a modified guitar that sounded like a real sitar, which was super cool. All in all, the whole concert was really good. We even got free Mie Sedap from the concert sponsors on our way out. Hahaha.

Our Miri trip was exactly the next day after the concert. So you can just imagine how tired we were when we went on the trip. We came back from the concert around 12, and before going to bed, we cooked the Mie Sedap and by the time we were done, it was around 1. I stayed up to with deena and karan until around 3 when I fell asleep on the floor. Hahah. We had to wake up at 4.30-5 coz we didn't want to waste time queing at the border. Zizi drove his own car and with him was myself, Izzat and Syazwan. In Abg's Sirion was Adi, Karan, Deena and Nazri. On the way we stopped at Izzat's cousin Zul's place coz he wanted to get some money there. Cool jua tu. If only I had an aunt like his. Hehe. Anyway, we continued the journey and surprisingly, I never felt the slightest hint of dozing off. Strange.

Finally when we arrived at Miri and changed our money, we went to the Imperial Mall first coz that's where we want to do most of our shopping. We went to eat at KFC. Nazri and I chipped in for the Mini Bucket combo which was a meal for two. Karan and Deena ordered the same thing but too bad only one really cool Superman Returns CD wallet for each meal combo. Rage. The shop with the coolest stuff. I bought a pair of shoes and a pair of trousers. After I was done shopping there, I came across a really cool Limited Edition John Lennon Converse Chuck Taylors. GILA YO. LAWA.

After that we went to Bintang Plaza, again for some window shopping and also to get some Famous Amos, a compulsory task for anyone going to Miri. Hahah.

Next was the Boulevard, and it was PACKED. The TV3 Jom Heboh thing was on that day at the Boulevard parking lot. I think the whole of Miri went there coz if you don't know what the TV3JH is about, Malaysian Artists come over and perform there for free. FREE. That's the magic word. Mirians flocked there from morning till night, non-stop. Blagh. We only wanted to shop at Boulevard, not go to the JH.

Our first stop there was the music shop and I found the Ibanez Paul Gilbert Signature picks which I have longed for there! I grabbed almost every piece of it but I saw Izzat and Syazwan was looking for it too and I unselfishly gave them two of the 5 that I grabbed =p. Durang bayar sendiri pulang tu =). Hehe. The picks cost RM2.90 each. Quite ok, really. After almost an hour of window shopping, Syazwan suggested that we go to the food court at the top-most level to get something to eat before leaving for Brunei. The place was FILTHY. I had no mood to eat but I found a clean place and at last I ordered some food. The sushi sucked, but the Spiralli Spaghetti was good. Gila yo, the Beef Steak was only RM10 but I'm sure I couldn't stuff it in after I ate the Spaghetti. We left at 6.30pm-7pm.

I wasn't familiar with the road there at night and I forgot which route we were supposed to take to get to the toll. So I only followed what I remembered. I was co-piloting Zizi and I told him to just go all the way wherever the road sign says 'Kuala Baram'. And that was panat. We ended up at the old ferry place where we used to go through before the bridge existed. HAHAHAHA. It was night, and it was scary. Some parts of the road had no light at all. Gila man. At last we saw a road sign which pointed towards Sungai Tujoh and GOD, we were relived! I gave directions to Syazwan too, as he was driving the Sirion this time while Adi followed us. I told Syazwan to just follow the road that says 'Krokop', which was obviously wrong. I had to text them, explaning the route that we used to get to the toll. Two text messages. Each costing BND1.60. GILA! ABIS CREDITKU YO. Sigh. But it's ok, it was my fault anyways. We found our way to the border and at last, we arrived safely in Brunei.

Before we continued, we emptied our bladders at the Brunei checkpoint and after that, I followed the Sirion instead while Abg followed Zizi. Syazwan still drove the Sirion, Nazri sat infront while I was at the back with Dee<3 and Karan and in less that 10 minutes on the journey back home, I dozed off...

Now, I want to go to KB to check out the new stock at BanLoong. The guitars and amplfiers there are super cool! And the new fender amp that we checked out 3 weeks ago, awesome!

Uhm, I'll post the pics later lah coz I need to downsize all of them. Hehe. Aytes. Ciao.

capek stepped on your garbage at 6/09/2006 06:53:00 am

Me
syafiq 'piKong' affendy
11tybillion years old
A Band Once
Guitars
Music
Football
Basketball
Computers
Photography
Photoshop
Garbage
bruguitar
bru.stu
metku mods
quotes ^^

BlogSpot

friendster // myuzeeshun

Tristan Prettyman

khai.abg
khai.abg's memories. LOL.
khal.adi
aizah
bliss..
dammit@matt
ehra
ee 'smelleh' mers =p
feeeefy!
hazim hajimbo
iza
izzah
jojie!
jasmine
kairul skyrule
musa
naila! =)
nazmi
pinkie
syazwan
walid really is a freak. lol.
zuul.14

Thrown Away
Saturday, July 10, 2004

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Friday, July 23, 2004

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Monday, July 26, 2004

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Friday, August 20, 2004

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Friday, September 03, 2004

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Monday, September 06, 2004

Monday, September 13, 2004

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Monday, December 13, 2004

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Friday, December 17, 2004

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Monday, December 27, 2004

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Friday, January 14, 2005

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Friday, January 28, 2005

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Monday, March 07, 2005

Friday, March 11, 2005

Monday, June 13, 2005

Friday, June 17, 2005

Monday, June 20, 2005

Friday, June 24, 2005

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Monday, July 04, 2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Friday, August 12, 2005

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Monday, August 29, 2005

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Monday, December 05, 2005

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday, February 03, 2006

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Monday, April 03, 2006

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday, May 08, 2006

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday, June 09, 2006

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Wednesday, November 29, 2006